About Me

My photo
Sarah, also known as Sarah Jane, is a 20 something sales agent trying to figure out what to do with her life. Type 1 diabetic for 14 years, she also suffers from depression and anxiety. After peaking out at 260 pounds in the summer of 2012, she realized she needed to change her lifestyle. And in the process she realized that living healthier - physically and mentally - helps manage both of her conditions. Her mission is to share her story with others in hopes it will help them lead healthier, happier lives. Sarah has a BA in History from Missouri Southern State University. She has two cats, a psudo Russian Blue named Barnaby and a seal point Siamese named Liah. Sara is an earlier 20 something business student. Also dealing with her own anxiety issues, healthy living is key to success in all aspects of her life. Sara lives with her cat, a black cat named Nala. She's hooked on Victoria Secret Pink and mini sprites.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blue Skies!

I love this weather! Its been relatively dry today, about 80 degrees, so nice outside! It's supposed to stay this way tomorrow, and go back to being hot hot again this weekend, which makes me sad. This weather puts me in a good mood no matter how bad my personal life is going.

Lots of things to blog about today. I taught 135 second graders about GWC as Artist. It was so fun, but exhausting. I think I'm a mean teacher! But you have to be mean to get them to listen. Not too mean, just firm? At any rate, I got in trouble for my "meanness." A teacher got onto me for "criticizing" (Wtf? I definitely wasn't criticizing) a mentally retarded kid's artwork. We were painting straight lines for goodness sake! Plus, I didn't know he was a special needs kid. Nobody informs me of these things! I am not a professional educator. I will be more aware after this incident, but I felt really awful after she "lectured" me. I'll do better next time, teach, but I'm still learning. It was my first day!

My man Barack Obama working for peace with the middle east and cooperation with Muslim nations! He is awesome! Imagine people actually wanting to listen when you talk about cooperation and not bombing the heck out of them? That's news to me! And the republican party!

I am a little feisty today. Looong day. I did my IT training for the DOI today. Long, boring bureaucracy. I know how important it is, but it's still long and boring and they made me read the same long, 47 page long thing twice. Sucked. I like working for the NPS but I don't know if I could put up with government bureaucracy for very long. I guess that's what you're supposed to learn during internships, eh?

No comments: