I am coming up on the final sprint of my internship. Hopefully, with all the work I have to get done, my last two weeks will fly by. I have to get this trunk finished!
But the 17th won't be my last day at Carver. I'm making up a lost sick day on the 29th, as I said below volunteering at Prairie Day on the 12th of September, and probably start front desk volunteering again, but possibly switching to Wednesdays. This next semester should be interesting. I will absolutely be taking less hours than I am used to taking, having carried 18-21 the last 3 semesters. I will be "Officially" taking 16, but one will be the 1hr credit for this internship I'm currently working, leaving me with 15.
They are as follows:
-Spanish 300 (Literature) (Failed this course, retaking it hopefully can make a B if I attend every class and work really hard) (3 credit hours)
- Upper Level History: Latin American Revolutions (with my advisor, only meets one day a week, shouldn't be too bad) (3 credit hours)
-Upper Level History: Cold War (with a teacher I love, if he teaches it the same way he taught the last course I took with him it will be easy as long as I read every day and turn in my assignments on time) (3 Credit Hours)
-Biology 100 online: yes, I have put this off until my very last semester. I hate bio! (4 credit hours)
-MIDS 401: Peer Mentor: mentoring a class of freshmen during their orientation class. I'm actually really excited about this one, but it will be a lot of work! (2 credit hours).
Plus the 1 hour credit for my internship.
Sounds all well and good. Shouldn't be too bad. I'll be working a lot (I'd like to not work at all and enjoy my last semester of undergrad, but alas, things cost money! Who woulda thunk?).
So I'm looking forward, past my last two weeks and onto vacation time and school starting. I'm always ready for school after the summer (even though my two summer school classes like to have killed me).
Pics from St. Louis will be up tonight!
About Me
- Sarah and Sara
- Sarah, also known as Sarah Jane, is a 20 something sales agent trying to figure out what to do with her life. Type 1 diabetic for 14 years, she also suffers from depression and anxiety. After peaking out at 260 pounds in the summer of 2012, she realized she needed to change her lifestyle. And in the process she realized that living healthier - physically and mentally - helps manage both of her conditions. Her mission is to share her story with others in hopes it will help them lead healthier, happier lives. Sarah has a BA in History from Missouri Southern State University. She has two cats, a psudo Russian Blue named Barnaby and a seal point Siamese named Liah. Sara is an earlier 20 something business student. Also dealing with her own anxiety issues, healthy living is key to success in all aspects of her life. Sara lives with her cat, a black cat named Nala. She's hooked on Victoria Secret Pink and mini sprites.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment