I'm beginning to think that everyone is wrong in their political thinking. Democrats and Republicans both have major flaws. I don't understand why Republicans get hung up over issues like abortion and gay marriage, so they ignore good things that the democratic party can do because of those issues. On the other hand, if I was rich I don' think I'd want my taxes taken away from me either.
Here's the thing. An example I used with my dad was this. They have put a freeze on tuition rising in the Missouri state university system (not Missouri State University, the university system in the state of Missouri). How come they must put this freeze? The university I attend is cutting a billion programs. Ok so like ten. but irrelevant. The University needs money to keep the programs they have running and create new ones, right? Right. Here's the thing. Raising tuition might have helped. But now there's more program cuts (including ones I'd want to use) and non-hirings (including teachers I wanted to take) and ectera ectera ectera. I would rather pay for programs that I can USE to better my universtiy experience than keep tuition the same and have a shitastic university experience.
I see politics the same way. I'd rather pay a little extra taxes and have programs I can utilize, like a better health care system and a better education system for my children (since I'm nearing the end of my education, I hope). That's my opinion. I realzie I don't share it. especially not with the rich. But I don't understand why you are a christian and a Conservative. Republicans want to outlaw abortion but don't want to create any programs to help out single mothers. Conservatives don't want to affect change the way Jesus wanted us to change the world.
And at this point I'm completly exausted and am going to head out for the night. But I will edit and add to this later and perhaps make this blog public eventually.
About Me
- Sarah and Sara
- Sarah, also known as Sarah Jane, is a 20 something sales agent trying to figure out what to do with her life. Type 1 diabetic for 14 years, she also suffers from depression and anxiety. After peaking out at 260 pounds in the summer of 2012, she realized she needed to change her lifestyle. And in the process she realized that living healthier - physically and mentally - helps manage both of her conditions. Her mission is to share her story with others in hopes it will help them lead healthier, happier lives. Sarah has a BA in History from Missouri Southern State University. She has two cats, a psudo Russian Blue named Barnaby and a seal point Siamese named Liah. Sara is an earlier 20 something business student. Also dealing with her own anxiety issues, healthy living is key to success in all aspects of her life. Sara lives with her cat, a black cat named Nala. She's hooked on Victoria Secret Pink and mini sprites.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment